You wouldn’t go on holiday without planning it – when you were going, where you are going, how long for, how much it was going to cost, what you were going to do when you got there, how you were getting back etc.
Yet many SME’s fail to do this sort of planning for their business.
If you don’t know the “what” “where” “how” and “when” then it’s the old adage “failing to plan” is effectively “planning to fail”.
A business plan doesn’t have to be a 50-100 page document that just collects dust once its prepared. It should set out what you want to achieve and when you want to achieve it by and what steps you will take to get there.
That’s where we can help by getting you to spend some time “Working on Your Business” instead of just “Working in your business”.
This has to be your plan, you have to own it and believe in it. So we will help you through the process to determine what you want your business to look like and how you plan to achieve this and help you grow your business by working on the 4 growth areas:
- Increase the number of customers (of the type you want) that you have
- Increase the amount of money they spend with you each time they buy
- increase the number of times they buy from you
- Operate your business more efficiently by maximising the effectiveness of every process
An essential part of running any business is preparing your financial forecasts and budgets. These help with the planning and then monitoring of your business and are ideal for presenting to your bank manager.
We can prepare the financial forecasts for you including:
- Financial Performance (Profit & Loss)
- Cash Flow
- Financial Position (Balance Sheet)
- Key assumptions
- What if analysis
- Key numbers graphically presented for easy interpretation/trends
We can help you assess the feasibility of a proposed business and put together the information required by your bank to raise the necessary funds:
- Preparation of Business Plan
- Preparation of Financial Projections – Financial Performance, Financial Position and Cash Flow
- Business Information Memorandums
If you are selling your business we can help put together the necessary financial information and background on the business and help prepare the business for sale.